Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
Vernon Paving is a division of Lafarge Canada Inc., operating in the Okanagan Valley. We are currently seeking applications for experienced full time seasonal workers that include Roller Operators, Rakerman, Screedman, Skidsteer Operators, Grading crew and Laborer positions.
We currently employ approximately 25 staff, servicing municipal, commercial, residential and provincial paving markets. Vernon Paving is a Union company that offers employee benefits and competitive wages ranging from $20-$32/hour depending on experience. We offer a safe work environment, on the job training, up to date well-kept equipment and room for advancement. These positions are based out of our Armstrong location and work sites are throughout the North Okanagan.
- Follow project instructions from your Supervisor or Manager.
- Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment. Safely operate a variety of tools & equipment upon competency.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Must have a positive attitude and work ethic. Able to work independently or as an active member of a team, good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Paving, or related Construction experience is required.
- Heavy equipment experience and/or training is required for all related positions.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to work in all weather
- Able to conform to our drug and alcohol policy.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
As the world leader in the building materials industry, LafargeHolcim Ltd and its subsidiaries have the assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. Globally, LafargeHolcim has 115,000 employees, a well-balanced local presence in 90 countries and combined net sales of CHF 33 billion (EUR 27 billion) in 2014. With the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, LafargeHolcim has the building solutions to meet customers’ needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure while contributing to a higher quality of life. We are positioned to deliver on this commitment.