Reporting to the VP, Human Resources the Pay & Benefits Advisor is responsible for the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and related transactional activities in order to ensure compliance with agreements and contractual obligations between Russell Hendrix (RH) and its employees. The Advisor advises managers and employees in matters related to pay, benefits and terms and conditions of employment. In addition, the Advisor performance a wide range of human resources support services, including the development and maintenance of policy processes and operational manuals, as well as participates with other HR team members in researching, developing and implementing new policies.
HRIS Data Management
- Responsible for creating employee files in the HRIS and payroll system.
- Accurately records all terms and conditions of employment and pay by consulting and incorporating, as required, terms and conditions of employment, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for the overall management of employee files (electronic and paper), from hiring to retirement or termination of employment.
- Ensures that instructions and user manuals are available and current for all systems (e.g., hiring process, employment record, etc.).
- Manages the HRIS, including configuring and maintaining the system and overseeing data entry and data integrity activities.
- Analyzes and evaluates HRIS requirements; manages system upgrades.
Pay and Benefits
- Provides advice and guidance to managers and employees on compensation and benefits.
- Analyzes, researches and evaluates the impact of legislative, regulatory, organizational and policy changes on RH procedures and processes, and makes recommendations to the VP according to operational requirements.
- Develops and implements technical procedures for payroll and benefits reconciliation.
- Ensures the accuracy of data used in payroll processing. Investigates and resolves, in collaboration with Payroll Administrators, any reported discrepancies in pay (e.g., errors in calculating tax or other deductions at source) to ensure that RH contractual agreements with individual employees and groups of employees are respected.
- Manages group benefits.
- Administers disability cases, attendance management programs and return-to-work programs.
Staffing and Employee Orientation
- Participates in the staffing process by providing administrative support to the Human Resources team.
- Helps to orient new employees by meeting with them individually to review their employee benefits and complete the employee registration process.
- Post-secondary degree in HR, Business or a related field.
- CPHR designation or combination of experience with progress towards CPHR designation.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in human resources, specifically pay and benefits management, including experience in HRIS management. Previous experience in implementing an HRIS is an asset.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is an asset.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets (Excel); ability to create templates
- Strong sense of customer service, strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Professional, entrepreneurial and displays a “can-do” attitude;
- Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with all levels and departments within the organization;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Provincial and Federal employment legislation;
- Excellent judgment, diplomacy, and discretion;
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Russell Hendrix offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Benefits include extended health and dental, paid sick days, Life Insurance, LTD and employee fitness benefit.