Soroc Technology Incorporated delivers complete IT services. From planning and disposition to staffing and maintenance, we help our clients achieve their best through the most appropriate technology solutions
Note: This position is for 12 months
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of the Canadian and US payroll
- Input new hires, personnel changes and termination in to various payroll systems
- Export hours and Expenses from Sage Timesheet.
- Administer online pay statement setup and password reset.
- Complete journal entries
- Review payroll documentation for accuracy through audit reports and make any necessary adjustments.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Communicates with the Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes
- Execute Sage Timesheet processing and interface with payroll
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Process manual cheque requisitions as required
- Respond to employee inquiries.
- Provide reports for statutory vacation calculations.
- Monitor payroll mailbox.
- May perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- 3-4 years of experience processing multi-Province Canadian Payroll
- 3-4 years of experience processing Multi-State US Payroll
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification
- Strong knowledge of federal and provincial regulations.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Must be Proficient in ADP PCPW, ReportSmith, and Workforce Now. Other payroll systems would be an asset
- Strong Knowledge of electronic timesheet systems, preferably Sage Timesheet
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines
Soroc welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.