The Payroll Administrator role reports directly to the Manager, Payroll & HR Administration. As a key contributor, the position will be responsible for the administration of the organization’s salaried employee payroll, its account reconciliation, reporting and documentation.
- Prepare salaried payroll, payments and remittances (base & variable pay, contributions, deductions, taxes, etc.).
- Calculate retroactive and severance payments.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations (payroll, paid time-off, incentives and other type of accruals).
- Balance and file tax related reports.
- Update scheduled reports and provide data analysis upon request.
- Ensure data and transaction accuracy through rigorous control and validation process.
- Answer internal and external payroll inquiries (e.g., employees, finance departments, government agencies, external auditors).
- Maintain employee records.
- Document and review payroll related procedures.
- Provide support to the Manager, Payroll & HR Administration.
Education and Experience
- REQUIRED - College diploma in accounting or human resources related program.
- REQUIRED - Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive payroll & accounting experience, in a complex organizational environment.
Skills and Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Strong understanding of payroll & accounting concepts and best business practices.
- Ability to accurately process payroll in a timely manner.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficient user of payroll software (JD Edwards Enterprise-One is an asset).
- Intermediate user knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a business environment.