The successful candidate will be responsible for on site administration work, as required. Candidates with strong HSE administration experience will be given priority. This is a short term position at our clients facility at Joffre and is scheduled to start once a suitable candidate is found. Only local candidates will be considered.
Company: Quinn Construction Ltd
Job Title: Payroll Billing Technician
Region: Central Alberta
Job Type: Full-Time short term
Number of Openings: 1
Accommodation Type: local
- Previous Time entry/Payroll admin experience
- HSE Admin experience is considered an asset
- Must be self- motivated and able to work with minimal supervision independently and as a member of the team
- Analytical thinker capable of managing multiple deadlines
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Maintain relations with customer and co-workers through effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills are required (Windows, MS Word, and Excel)
- Must possess a valid Alberta driver’s license
- Willing / able to take additional training as required or work overtime as payroll deadlines dictate
- Gather time tickets and enter them into the company payroll system
- Verify all submitted timesheets are approved by the client
- Balance tickets to ensure entry is correct
- Ensure terminations, vacation pay, personal expenses, stats are entered for each employee
- Review detailed billing transaction reports for accuracy and completeness
- Generate invoices and run all required reports from the company payroll system which include labour, material, and 3rd party invoices.
- Ensure the client receives scanned copies of invoices as well as filing original and saving electronically.
- Provide employee information to PC’s for class changes, etc.
- Type class changes requests send for approval and scan to Recruitment
- Maintain frequent interaction with Site Manager and Plant Coordinators to provide feedback as to progress on workload
- Frequent interaction with customers with regards to job requirements. Ensure Site Manager is aware of those interactions
- Maintain files and generate reports as requested
Quinn Construction Ltd., specializes in the agile delivery of turnaround services, capital project construction, mechanical support, pipefitting and welding, project fabrication and other client-specific needs.
Physical Demands Analysis
(ONCE PER DAY OR LESS)
(ONCE PER HOUR OR LESS)
(SEVERAL TIMES PER HOUR)
Lift or carry objects:
0 – 20 pounds
20 – 50 pounds
* Over 50 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
* Over 50 pounds
Walk over uneven ground:
Up to 300 m.
Over 300 m.
Must look over both shoulders
Must work with both arms over head
* Work with arms at full length
Must do repetitive hand work
Must have full use of both hands
Operate motor vehicle (car/truck)
Operate mobile equipment (describe type)
Must work in very hot environment
Must work in very cold environment
Must work in confined spaces
Must work at heights over three (3) meters
Must wear a respirator
Must work in high-noise environment
Must work in isolation (no co-workers present)
* Task Hazard Assessment Required
All work indoors, in a controlled office environment.
Ergonomic micro breaks required.