ARE YOU SEEKING AN EXCITING PAYROLL ADVISOR OPPORTUNITY? Our client is looking for an experienced payroll professional to join their company for an 18 month contract.
Payroll Advisor - 18 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
- Process timely and accurate payment of approved attendance hours, earnings and deductions for all active, leave and terminated employees
- Responsible for reviewing calculations and payments of employee and employer contributions for taxes, benefits and HOOPP pension plans
- Calculating and processing of maternity leave payments
- Assist with balancing of calendar and fiscal year-end reporting
- Follow attendances processes per the companies policies and procedures with managers, timekeepers, employees and HR
- Generate pay period attendance, answering questions and solving problems with timekeepers
- Run exception and balancing reports - benefits available for full-time and part-time employees eligible for STAT and VAC hours (740 employees including part-time employees); Withholdings not taken; payroll register summary; selected attendance for STAT hours validation
- Record Of Employment processing and web submission
- Casual stat pay calculation, processing and balancing
- Enter backdated attendance changes/ weekend premium hours
- Issue manual cheques when required
- Retro processing (of salary increases, and employee/employer withholdings)
- Confirm benefit and HOOPP calculations for new hires and terminated employees
- All documentation and processes for maternity leave of absence and personal leaves of absence
- Assist with MDC Reporting HOOPP number of weeks and contributions by employee with reason codes for less than 52 weeks. (New Hires/Terminations & Leaves)
- Assist with Pension Adjustment Balancing per MDC calculations
- PCP Designation, College Diploma or University degree in a related field (with 3-5 years experience in payroll processing and reporting, payroll, HR knowledge, Word and Excel, payroll and benefits administration)
- Accounting and documentation
- Compliance with organizational policies and legislation
$50,000 - $55,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #22893.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.