Reporting to the Payroll and Benefits Manager, the Payroll and Benefits Associate is accountable for assisting in the administration of 2 semi-monthly payrolls and 6 monthly payrolls in 8 regions globally and for providing benefits related support to our employees in each of these regions.
The Payroll and Benefits Associate’s responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Timely, accurate, semi-monthly processing for Canada (Ontario) and USA (California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts and North Carolina) in accordance with the relevant provincial/state and federal legislations;
- Timely, accurate, monthly payroll processing for Singapore, Japan, United Kingdom, Australia, China and India in accordance with the relevant local and federal legislations;
- Provide appropriate monthly reporting (vacation liability, payroll final reports) to Finance in accordance with the agreed upon timelines;
- Complete and maintain Gross to Net Reports globally;
- Responsible for managing all government correspondence, both incoming (garnishment orders, etc.) and outgoing (ROE’s, T10, IR21 forms, etc.) and all other government inquiries globally;
- Manage the calculation and uploading to providers of retirement contributions for Canada (RRSP/DPSP), USA (401(k)), UK (Statutory Pension), Australia (SuperAnnuation), Japan (Pension);
- Timely, accurate management and updating of employees' payroll and benefit changes (including all onboarding and offboarding related tasks) in the HRIS, payroll and benefit vendors’ systems i.e. Matching contributions, salary changes and life changes (adding/removing dependents to the benefits);
- Responsible for ensuring the HRIS is updated regularly to ensure accuracy of reporting to finance, government and ensure the accurate, appropriate delivery of payroll and benefit services;
- Assist Payroll Manager with the year-end process for all countries;Renewal processes and co-ordination of benefit information sessions for employees globally .
- Maintain benefit confluence page for Canada, USA, India, UK. Also, maintain payroll Confluence pages for all countries globally.
- Vendors Payment Management – review invoices and provide correct back up data to finance to ensure timely payments to vendors, including the reconciliation of employee perks such as healthclub in accordance with established payment timelines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post- Secondary College Diploma in Accounting/Business Administration/HR;
- Demonstrated strength in Microsoft Office with flawless Excel skills;
- Experience in Ceridian or Dayforce software would be considered a definite asset;
- Canadian Payroll Association (PCP) designation will be considered an asset for this position;
- 2 or more years of experience in processing payrolls in a busy environment within tight time lines;
- A detail-oriented, self starter who can work independently, with a sense of urgency while adhering to deadlines in a constantly changing environment;
- Excellent multi-tasker who deals professionally with changing and conflicting priorities, ensuring the client feels that their issue has been smoothly resolved with a minimum of disruption and the utmost confidentiality;
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multi-faceted projects and initiatives with attention to detail;
- Verifiable track record resolving situations and advocating on behalf of employees with service providers at all levels;
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-changing and dynamic environment with evolving systems and procedures.