Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets as at December 31st, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Human Resources
Position type: 12-month contract (Possibility of 4 days / week)
Reporting to the Senior Director, Total Rewards, the incumbent manages the activities of the payroll of the Company (1400 employees) for groups of Canadian and international payrolls. He or she manages and supervises a team of professionals and ensures the integrity and respect of deadlines in the production of different paydays. Other duties include the management of the salary and benefits budget as well as quarterly analysis/reconciliations of salaries for budget purposes. Finally, the Payroll Manager works closely with members of teams such as Human Resources, Finances and Treasury and with external suppliers.
- Verify and ensure the production of payroll for employees located in Canada and international offices accordingly with pay schedules of the various countries and with the collaboration of various suppliers (ADP, ADP Streamline);
- Initiate and contribute to the year-end process for Canadian payroll (T4, T4A, RL-1, RL-2, T2200, TP-64, summaries, reports the CSST for all Canadian provinces, ISE, etc.) and to the year-end processes for other countries pay;
- Participate in setting up payroll when opening a new office abroad;
- Manage the annual budget process for salaries;
- Analyze quarterly real salaries paid versus budgeted salaries and ensure that the quarterly payroll register is consistent with the general ledger of the Finance Department;
- Work with Treasury group to ensure that the necessary funds for payroll are in bank accounts. Check monthly bank reconciliation and journal entries payroll accounts;
- Perform the salary inter company billings;
- Play crucial role of payroll compliance officer while ensuring that the Company continues to comply with requirements and changes in federal, provincial, state legislation;
- Respond to requests from external auditors and governments;
- Plan, organize, direct and control the work done by the payroll team (2 employees);
- Provide support to the Senior Director, Total Rewards in the development and implementation of various projects of the service;
- Perform other related or required duties.
- College degree in accounting or finance and professional designation certified payroll manager from the Canadian Payroll Association or in process of obtaining the said designation;
- Minimum six to eight years experience in payroll for several countries and including 2 years as a team manager;
- Excellent for accounting and customer relations;
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite (Word and Excel);
- In-depth knowledge of Pay @ Work (ADP software) and knowledge of JD Edwards is an asset.
- Ability to handle stress, meet tight deadlines and detail oriented;
- Result oriented, ability to build relationships for achieving and exceeding targets;
- Autonomous, good ability to manage priorities and ability to work under pressure with multi-tasks skills;
- Ability to work in a team and with stakeholders from different hierarchical levels;
- Bilingual French and English, both spoken and written.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
What’s in it for you?
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.