As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion household and personal care, over-the-counter, and pool additives categories, we maintain close relationships with over 70 global CPG customers and virtually every relevant major North American retailer. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK Custom Products has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, enthusiastic and energetic Payroll Specialist.
The Payroll Specialist will be a valuable member in a team processing the full cycle payroll for our 5000+ Canadian and US employees, ensuring that processes are executed properly and in a timely manner. This role will be a customer focused position who provides transactional services and expert advice to employees, managers and HR Business Partners. The ideal candidate is fully bilingual, possesses a friendly and approachable personality, a proactive, enthusiastic attitude combined with strong expertise in Payroll.
- Work with other team members and process full cycle payroll for a multi-Province/State Canadian and US Payroll (Weekly, Biweekly, Union, Non-Union Hourly, Salaried Exempt, Salaried Non-Exempt) to ensure employees are paid accurately and timely.
- Serve as primary contact for our Quebec employees, managers and HR Business Partners.
- Process payroll entries and balance the payroll data by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Prepare payroll funding and request through internal Finance department.
- Reconcile and balance remittance data (EHT, WSIB, etc) on a weekly basis.
- Extract and produce various Payroll journal entries and Payroll reports.
- Reconcile and balance weekly pension funding remittance files for both US and Canada.
- Issue ROE’s on time and according to requirements.
- Comply with federal, state/province, and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Process any payroll related adhoc reports and requirements.
- Answer inquiries and resolve issues for assigned employees, build and manage effective internal/external client relationships within areas of responsibility.
- 2+ years of payroll experience with 5+ preferred
- Bilingual- Proficient in French and English strongly preferred but not required
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related program; PCP certified.
- Strong technical skills, advanced excel skills.
- Strong organization skills, time management skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in a shared service environment and solid understanding of different relating function areas (HR, Absence, Benefits, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple clients.
- French a strong asset.
- Experience with Oracle HCM, Kronos an asset.