About the Business
Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help Clients achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to our team. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S., and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout our client to provide products and services that deliver business value.
Our Pega Designer will have overall responsibility for the design, technical delivery, and overall quality of the Pega solution, by working as technical lead on projects, reviewing data management plans, establishing and managing the technical environment. Learn more about how you fit in this role by reading all the details below!
What will you do?
- Participate in scope definition workshops and owns delivery of the completed work.
- Works with Process Architect to understand/identify reuse opportunities.
- Assist developer resources by providing guidance and advice on technical issues and reviewing their work.
- Share complexities as an input into costs for a project and helps estimate work effort.
- Works with the Product Owner to create the Definition of Done (DOD) - the set of activities for complete user stories.
- Collaborate with architects, designers/developers, business system analysts, and testing specialists to deliver high-quality solutions
- Produce both high-level and detailed-level designs and implement Pega solutions based on business requirements and defined architectures
- Coordinate with both onshore and offshore teams to ensure coding, testing, debugging and implementation activities are completed as required
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interface design, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs
- Contribute to defining timelines and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and scope
- Ensure information security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions
- Contribute to the ongoing support, stability, and performance of application systems in production including problem analysis, resolution, and escalation and reporting as necessary.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5 years’ experience designing and delivering complex Pega case management projects
- Demonstrated experience in solution design for Pega based solutions encompassing internal-facing and external-facing applications
- Advanced knowledge of BPM concepts, techniques, tools and delivery approaches
- Minimum 7 years of progressive information technology experience with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience
- Knowledge of the PRPC Architecture, as well as PRPC design & implementation features.
- Strong data modeling experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can explain concepts to both business and IT stakeholders
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall environments
- Certified Lead System Architect (CLSA)
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline.
- Pega Certified System Architect (CSA).
- 3 years of hands-on technical working experience with Java/J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML); relational databases (Oracle/DB2/MS SQL Server).
- Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries including Group Benefits / Retirement products and business domains.
- The candidate that will be retained for this role will have to go through a special clearance from the Royal Canadian Mountain Police. To see if you are eligible for this clearance, please review section 201 on the Federal Government site (http://iss-ssi.pwgsc-tpsgc.gc.ca/msi-ism/ch2-prt1-eng.html)
- Occasional weekend / after-hours work may be required to support project implementations, system upgrades and support for production environments
- IT supports internal business clients in Waterloo, Toronto (North York) and Montreal. Occasional travel between these locations may be required.
When a new position becomes available which matches your background and experience, the base pay range will be disclosed and correspond to the opportunity we will consider you for.
In addition to Base Pay, eligible employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales-focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate, and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.