PEOPLE & CULTURE GENERALIST – Extendicare
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of 117 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 22,000 individuals is dedicated to helping people live better through a commitment to quality service and a passion for what we do.
Extendicare is hiring a People and Culture Generalist who will be responsible for the execution and delivery of HR processes and projects in collaboration with corporate HR functions and business stakeholders. This role will provide HR support to the Regional Directors and assist the Site Administrators with the day-to-day administrative tasks related to HR programs and projects enabling them to focus on core business operations.
This role will report to the Sr. Director, HR Transformation.
- Execute day-to-day tasks related to HR processes, programs and projects in collaboration with Regional Directors and HR teams
- Handle day-to-day HR decisions and challenges relating to the sites
- Coordinate meetings with corporate HR/Finance teams (e.g. Recruitment, LR, Compensation, Payroll) and business stakeholders to enable smooth delivery of HR services
- Provide support to Regional Directors and Site Administrators and handle administrative tasks (related to HR project delivery) such as coordinating staffing, leave-of-absence calling, scheduling help, running reports etc.
- Up to 5 years of experience as an HR generalist
- Certified Human Resources Professional or related university degree in human resources
- Customer service oriented
- Good common sense and discretion
- Initiative and autonomy
- Excellent computer skill
- Knowledge of Alberta Labour law and issues
- Ability to travel in Alberta to the various sites
- Excellent communication skills
TO APPLY:Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to:
ECanada@extendicare.com and please indicate ‘People & Culture Generalist - Alberta’ in subject line of your email by August 10, 2020.