You have a passion for helping others. As a Personal Banking Associate, you will focus on developing connections with customers in a personal & consultative way. You will help meet the customer’s financial needs by supporting both transaction based and advice based conversations on everyday banking and investment needs. As a digital leader, you will help our customers learn about our digital solutions to make their banking faster, easier, and more personal. You will refer customers to the right partner to build new and grow existing customer relationships.
- Be a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch & market team
- Welcome warmly & guide our customers as they walk into the branch lobby, offer advice and guidance on the digital and self-serve options available with the goal of making it easy, simple and fast to bank with BMO
- Proactively engage with our customers and provide advice based on an understand of their financial needs, focused on everyday banking, digital solutions and investment needs
- Meet customer’s transaction-based needs with seamless execution
- Take the initiative and find creative approaches to make each customer’s experience feel personal
- Collaborate with your BMO partners and identify referral opportunities to further grow the customer’s relationship with BMO beyond personal banking
- Keep current with the wider financial services marketplace, the legal and regulatory environment, and our commitment to upholding the highest ethical requirements of our industry
- Follow through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run branch
- Passionate commitment to helping our customers
- Some experience in a consultative customer service or sales role, with a drive to deliver a personal customer experience
- A focus on results and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team-based environment
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers
- Basic knowledge of specialized sales and business banking solutions to refer to specialists
- Skilled at personal account opening and Customer Welcome Offers
- Digitally-savvy and able to identify banking alternatives for our customers
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges
- Spends 50% of time on conversations and requests related to banking services, including handling transactions and supporting customers who walk into the branch.
- Spends 50% of time on advice-based conversations with customers
- Projects a professional presence; proactively engages customers in complete conversations about their personal banking needs; listens actively to understand customer needs, clearly explains potential solutions and their benefit to the customer
- Learns quickly and is motivated to apply new knowledge
- Is collaborative, enjoys helping others and being part of a team
- Identifies opportunities for referrals and makes smooth hand offs to partners in BMO FG
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Progressively gains knowledge of financial solutions, BMO’s products, processes and systems, and BMO FG
- Completion of internal BMO training program, including customer experience and conversation training
- Confident and at ease in the use of social media, tablets, Smart phones, online tools, and applications
- Highly skilled at helping people who don’t find digital applications intuitive to gain confidence in how to use them and to understand their benefits
- Registered Investment Sales Representative (RISR) designation, Mutual Funds Essentials completed or working towards it (must be complete within 12 months)
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com/.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.