The PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER will support the functions of the Nursing Department while working in either a long-term care or retirement setting. The PSW is responsible for providing assistance with the activities of daily living for our Residents, this includes but is not limited to; bathing, toileting, feeding, personal grooming, escorting, cleaning and other duties as assigned.
As a PSW, you will ensure Residents receive excellent care services by increasing their comfort, independence and control in all aspects of their care.
You will provide friendly, courteous and attentive service, in keeping with our organizational values, mission and vision.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- Personal Support Worker certificate, required
- Grade 12 diploma, preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of Personal Support Worker experience in long-term care, preferred
- Excellent attention to detail when assessing and documenting
- Ability to follow a care plan with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to meet the increasingly complex needs of the Residents
- Good attendance record and punctuality
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position:
- push/pull up-to 250 lbs
- lifting 50 lbs max
- working at/above shoulder height
- standing & walking for long periods of time
- frequent bending, twisting, reaching, crouching
- Ability to accept & follow directions and follow company policies and procedures
- Able to build & maintain good working relationships with residents & coworkers