PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Part-time & Casual) - SOUTHLAKE RESIDENTIAL CARE VILLAGE
Part-time & Casual Days/Evenings/Nights
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Personal Support Worker (P.S.W.) in our 224-bed Long Term Care Facility located in Newmarket, Ontario. The position involves a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and Public Holidays.
Reporting to the Director of Care and following established policies, procedures and standards, the P.S.W. provides personal and bedside care to assigned residents in the Home. The P.S.W. works collaboratively with the Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse and other P.S.W.’s. Tasks performed vary slightly depending on a resident’s cognitive and physical capabilities, and between work shifts and specific assignments. The PSW ensures residents’ safety by following established policies and procedures.
- Give top quality care to residents for Activities of Daily Living
- Commitment to excellent resident-focused care
- Understand the Gentle Care philosophy
- Act as a Team player promoting collaboration and teamwork
- Observe, report and record electronically regarding residents
- Assist with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents
- Excellent working knowledge of infection control practices
- Follow Ministry of Health Standards and Health & Safety Regulations
- Demonstrated record of good attendance
- Personal Support Worker Certificate or Diploma from an accredited academic institution
- Ability to demonstrate:
- Maturity, initiative, reliability, critical thinking, problem-solving and compassion
- Excellence in communication, both written and verbal
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service through shared teamwork
- Individual initiative to work independently and as a valued team player
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines and nursing care plans
- Must have current Vulnerable Sector Police check (within past 6 months) or be willing to obtain one
- Must have 2-Step Mantoux (within past 6 months) or be willing to obtain one
- Must have working knowledge of WHMIS and Basic Workplace Safety Training
- Current First Aid and CPR Training
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach an asset
- Working in areas were there may involve residents with social behavior challenges.
- Working environment has pets.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position:
- Push/pull up-to 250 lbs
- Lifting 50 lbs max
- Working at/above shoulder height
- Standing & walking for long periods of time
- Frequent bending, twisting, reaching, crouching
CLOSING DATE: February 29, 2020
Please forward your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Human Resources Advisor
Southlake Residential Care Village
Please note, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.