As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager and the direction of the registered nurse on duty, participates as a member of a multidisciplinary care team in the provision of care for the residents.
- Successful completion of a recognized personal support worker program approved by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care; or
- Enrolled at a college or university in the registered practical nursing or registered nursing program
- A genuine interest and understanding of the needs of the elderly is necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Experience in caring for the elderly
- Certification in CPR
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires constant standing/walking; frequent squatting/crouching; unilateral lifting 1- 25 lbs. frequently, bilateral lifting 50+ lbs. frequently, 15 – 75 lbs. occasionally; push/pull 5 – 100 lbs. frequently.
Occasional = up to 33% of working day; Frequent = 34 – 66% of working day; Constant = 67 – 100% of working day.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must undergo a successful Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- Must have successfully undergone a "two step" tuberculosis skin test within the 12 months prior to employment