PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
The goal of Home Concierge is to enrich the lives of Canadian seniors and their loved ones with its customized approach to meeting their unique and evolving needs. We are dedicated to go above and beyond in everything we do in order to provide the seniors we serve with peace of mind for their well-being, ensuring they have an exceptional, personalized experience.
We’re hiring humble, hungry and people smart personal support workers to serve our senior members!
Home Concierge is delighted to offer team members complete flexibility in their working hours and offer rewards and benefits based on total hours worked. Every team member is eligible to earn loyalty paid days off, vacation days, RRSP matching and pension contribution and a Health Spending Account! You'll have access to select the hours you want to work via our custom mobile phone App.
About the Role
We are hiring Personal Support Workers with a passion for forming connections with those they serve. We’re looking for skilled relationship builders with an entrepreneurial mindset.
As a Personal Support Worker, you are responsible for assisting members with all activities of daily living (ADL), including personal hygiene and basic care. The PSW observes and reports any changes in residents’ status to the Concierge and Director of Wellness. Your efforts will allow those you serve to thrive at home by supporting additional areas such as meal prep, laundry, changing sheets, light housekeeping (vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.), participating with senior in customized activities, or escorting to an appointment or for grocery shopping (transportation would be coordinated).
As a PSW with Home Concierge, the heart and soul of this position will be building and maintaining meaningful relationships with the seniors and their families. In doing so, you will enable your clients to continue living independently in the place they call home.
The finer details:
- Variable shift times allowing for increased flexibility as determined by you.
- Potential for full-time hours
- Some evening and weekend rotations.
- Tiered reward system based on the amount of shifts you choose to accept. Rewards are based on hours worked and include a cell phone allowance, meal vouchers, a health spending account and RRSP matching!
- Client homes are located in Hamilton
- position open until filled
Why Work for Home Concierge?
Be a part of making history: This business is currently located in the Greater Toronto Area, with potential to expand across the country. As a founding team member, you play a role in shaping the future of the business and the people we serve and are provided the opportunity for growth into new roles as the business grows.
Help seniors retain their lifestyle in their home: Your role as a PSW at Home Concierge positively impacts each client you work with, enabling them to remain independent & age gracefully in the home they know & love
Be part of shaping the future of senior care: Canada will need over 800,000 long-term care beds by 2050 – over 2.5 times what we have now. By reinventing at-home care, you are developing a sustainable solution to ensure the wellbeing of Canada’s aging population
You are supported in & rewarded in your work: Working at Home Concierge comes with a strong support network of coordinators and mentors, competitive salary and benefits including a unique rewards system designed to motivate you based on the amount of services you provide to our members.
You have room to grow as a leader: The PSW position develops leadership skills & provides opportunities for career progression to management roles within our rapidly growing firm
You are supported by cutting edge technology: The Home Concierge app puts scheduling, payment, and client profile access at your fingertips – keeping you one step ahead as you deliver first-class care
What do you need to qualify?
- Must be a graduate from a recognized Personal Support Worker program
- Level 1 First Aid, CPR / AED Certificate.
- Recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, or home services required.
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to engage and support the seniors you care for – experience caregiving / fostering relationships with seniors is a plus
- Excellent communicator, resilient, & flexible to meet the changing priorities of a pilot project
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information
- Own a smartphone and comfortable with using apps
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health & safety practices, principles & legislation
- Compliance with infectious disease screening as per provincial legislation & maintaining immunizations
- Valid G class drivers’ license, valid automobile insurance
- Familiarity with retirement industry resources is considered an asset