Status:Permanent Part-time (must provide availability up to 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Monday - Sunday; Days & Evenings; Various rotating 8 hour shifts (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs.)
Site:Milton, possible shifts at the Georgetown Site
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
Dispensary duties in the Main Pharmacy including medication order and profile review and entry into MeditechPharmacy module, checking responsibilities, trouble-shooting clinical & drug distribution issues, & acting as a resource for Pharmacy Technicians & Students. Provide coverage on a variety of patient care units including decentralized medication order and profile review and problem investigation, medication reconciliation and resolution and liaison responsibilities. Other duties as assigned.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- B.Sc. Phm required
- Licensed or eligible for licensure under Part A of the Ontario College of Pharmacists register required
- Hospital pharmacy residency preferred
- Relevant clinical experience required
- Meditech computer experience an asset
- Dispensing skills; aseptic technique
- Demonstrated high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities with competing priorities in a fast-paced progressive environment
- Must be well-organized, self-directed, set priorities, and manage time effectively
- Must be able to interact patiently, effectively, and professionally with staff and physicians
- Committed to service excellence and patient safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted:July 14, 2020
Application Deadline for Employees is:July 21, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.