|This position is responsible for assisting the Pharmacists and Pharmacy Manager with daily operations of the Pharmacy Department. Duties will include customer service, servicing the front counter, cashier duties, telephone inquiries and general housekeeping duties. Duties will also include operation of the pharmacy computer, assist in the processing of prescriptions and preparation of prescriptions, involvement of ordering and receiving drug orders and management of the pharmacy inventory. |
Pharmacy Assistants must complete all six levels of the London Drugs Pharmacy Training and Development Program as well as complete and pass all reviews. Each level will include information on: Pharmacy Procedures, Dispensing Prescriptions, the Kroll (Computer) System, Prescription Drugs, OTC Drugs and Home Health Care.
|The successful candidate will have the following:|
• Good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff, & management.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Self-starter with a high level of enthusiasm.
• Ability to relate to all levels of customers and their needs.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
• Ability to work as a team player and have a team approach
• Basic computer skills including experience working with the Kroll Pharmacy System
• Previous experience working in a community pharmacy required
|Employees must be available to work a flexible schedule, Monday through Sunday, at least 12 to 16 hours per week, day and evening shifts.|
|London Drugs wishes to thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.|