Pharmacy Technician - BC Cancer Surrey
The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope/standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia and relevant legislation, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols. Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist. Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic. Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions. Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence. Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies. Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system. Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.
In this role, you will:
- Process medication clinically reviewed and approved medication orders
- Receive prescriptions from practitioners and ensures they are prescriptions are complete and authentic.
- Prepare, processes and compound prescriptions
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions
- Process prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence
- Transfer prescriptions to and receive prescriptions from other pharmacies
- Enter and ensure the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the pharmacy information system.
- Maintain stock levels and perform clerical duties as assigned.
- Currently registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties
- Organize work
- Operate related equipment.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
BC Cancer (www.bccancer.bc.ca) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services, and more. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Patients first – Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
- Casual Opportunity
- Wage: $28.14
- As per operational requirements
- 13750 96th Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3V 1Z2