LMC Healthcare (LMC) is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes & endocrinology. We’re transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive and patient-centric than ever before. LMC has 13 multi-disciplinary centers of excellence and 22 clinical research sites located in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec). Our 60+ Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by an interdisciplinary team of highly qualified Medical Office Administrators, Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Opticians, Optical Assistants, Chiropodists and Clinical Research Professionals.
Our Mission: Enabling Wellness, Empowering through Education, Expanding the Therapeutic Horizon
Currently, our growing team is looking for a Physician Assistant to join our team on a temporary, full-time basis (18 Months) supporting LMC Barrie.
In this role, you will provide medical care in the areas of endocrinology and diabetes under the supervision of an endocrinologist. You will also provide care as a sub-investigator in clinical research studies in diabetes, fulfilling the responsibilities of Good Clinical Practice.
- Perform the usual features of complete clinical assessments of patients which includes but is not limited to:
- Patient education in Diabetes management and advanced skills
- Manage, counsel and educate patients through the implementation and adjustment of all diabetes and other endocrine therapies and monitoring systems
- Consult supervising physician as necessary and perform all patient care activities as per medical directives
- Act as Sub-Investigator and coordinator for research studies
- Conduct study patient physicals, visits, perform queries, enter data and follow all requirements under the Research Standard Operating Procedures
- University degree in a field of science from an accredited institution
- University-based accredited Physician Assistant training program (Bachelor or Master level)
- Successful completion of CCPA exam or NCCPA exam
LMC provides seven industry-leading programs:
- Endocrinology Specialist Practice (publicly-funded) - representing the largest group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program (publicly-funded)
- Diabetes Pharmacy
- Chiropody & Foot Specialist Care
- Optometry & Eye Specialist Care
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
- Virtual Health Coaching (diabetes prevention, type 2 diabetes management)
Why LMC might be right for you!
- 2016 Certified Best Workplace™
- 2014 and 2015 Canada’s Best Workplaces™
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Inclusive Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP contribution matching
- Education allowance (days and funding)
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
LMC Healthcare is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.