Position : Physician Assistant
Hours: Monday - Sunday (day, evening and night shifts - 8 & 12 hour shifts) *Hours are subject to change based on operational requirements
As a Physician Assistant, you will work collaboratively as part of our team in our well-equipped emergency department. Our site is supported by specialists in surgery, medicine, obstetrics, paediatrics, and psychiatry. While working with a team of health professionals in an interprofessional collaborative model and under the supervision of a physician, your role will include but not be limited to:
- Conducting patient interviews and taking medical histories
- Performing physical examinations and interpret findings
- Organizing laboratory and diagnostic investigations
- Performing certain controlled acts under medical directives delegated to you by a physician
- Counselling patients on preventive healthcare
- Organizing follow-up
- Performing other duties within your competencies as a physician assistant.
Halton Healthcare Services is seeking individuals who are leaders in their chosen profession, patient/customer focused, team players, effective communicators, caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Experience working in an Emergency Department required
- Completion of an accredited PA education program (Canada or USA)
- Certified or eligible to be certified through the Physician Assistant Certification Council of Canada (PACC) or certified through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) for American educated/trained PAs.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS certification and NALS certification is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in both a verbal and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated competency to perform complete and appropriate clinical assessment and development of a treatment plan in accordance with medical directives
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative medical model of care with all members of the health care team
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Date Posted: June 4, 2020
Internal applications due by: June 11, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via the HHS website www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
Halton Healthcare is committed to providing accommodations (for people with disabilities). If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on HHS hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. HHS is also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.