Job DescriptionJob Title: Physiotherapist 2Work Site: Allied Health, Home and Community Care (HCC) - Richmond Continuing Health ServicesStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.80 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible until approximately August 31, 2021Salary: $36.51 - $45.37 per hourHours: 0830-1630, with Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays offReference#: 123249-smu
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in Richmond, BC!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the Home and Community Care (HCC) team in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist with Home and Community Care, you will:
- Work without general supervision and provide physical therapy services to clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
- Participate as a member of an integrated collaborative health care team.
- Perform duties such as:
- assessing client’s physical status, functional abilities, needs and goals;
- establishing a physical therapy diagnosis and prognosis;
- developing and implementing an intervention strategy;
- evaluating the effectiveness of the intervention;
- and communicating with the client/caregiver(s) and other health care providers.
About Home and Community Care (HCC) Services
Home and community care services provide a range of health care and support services to people who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs. The patient population that you will work with in Home and Community Care may have:
- Been recently released from hospital and need short-term care.
- Orthopedic or medical conditions.
- Ongoing or chronic health issues requiring more care than family can provide.
- Health issues that are getting worse and require support to continue living at home.
- Health issues that are making it difficult or impossible to continue to live at home safely.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Why Choose VCH:
- Work-life balance
- Stunning work locations
- Dynamic work opportunities
- "People First" Commitment
- Supportive leadership
- Clinical practice support
- Career development & education
- Competitive salary plus benefits package including extended health & dental, pension, and vacation entitlement
- Employee & Family Assistance program
- Bursaries and scholarships to assist with continuing education
Define your career in one of the most exciting and rewarding healthcare environments Canada-wide with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation Sciences and two to three years recent related experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid B.C. driver’s license in good standing. Local area requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage is paid.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.