|Job Title:||Physiotherapist 2|
|Work Site:||Long Term Care Practice, 520 West 6th - Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$36.51 - $45.37 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) - apply today to join our team!
The Patient Population
As a Physiotherapist in the Long Term Care Practice Team, you will see long term care clients residing in affiliate care sites with a variety of acute episodic or chronic conditions.
The Nature of your Work
- You will provide community-based physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes by
- performing assessments
- establishing client-centered treatment plan, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the plan at regular intervals
- You will support/promote development of decision-support tools for affiliate residential facilities and support their staff to develop appropriate activation programs.
- You will include residential facility staff in PT programs as appropriate by providing direction/delegation to them
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Why Choose VCH:
- Work-life balance
- Stunning work locations
- Dynamic work opportunities
- "People First" Commitment
- Supportive leadership
- Clinical practice support
- Career development & education
- Competitive salary plus benefits package including extended health & dental, pension, and vacation entitlement
- Employee & Family Assistance program
- Bursaries and scholarships to assist with continuing education
- Relocation assistance may be offered
Define your career in one of the most exciting and rewarding healthcare environments Canada-wide with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education and Experience
- Degree in physiotherapy or rehabilitation medicine.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.