Lifemark Seniors Wellness is one of the largest rehabilitation focused companies dedicated to providing therapy solutions for seniors. With over 30 years of experience, we are a preferred partner of more than 185 LTC homes, 55 retirement communities and provide over 180 senior dwellings with physiotherapy, occupational therapy and therapeutic group exercise programming. As Canada's largest physiotherapy company, our purpose is: Movement to a better life. For our staff, the Lifemark difference is based on 4 pillars: We foster innovative thinking; assist with career development; we support personal health and wellness; and devoted to making a real impact in the communities that we live and work in.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapist to join our growing team! This role is within the Retirement and Community setting.
Start date: Immediately
Schedule: Variable hours (based on business needs)
Status: Permanent Part Time
Specific requirements: Must have access to a vehicle to travel to various work locations.
The Physiotherapy position is responding to the assessment and reassessment needs of a fluctuating caseload. The hours are flexible and works well in partnership with another part time position. Assessments are scheduled directly with the client. The PT is responsible for the delegation and supervision of treatments to a PTA when appropriate.
In this role you will:
- Be a professional Ambassador for Lifemark Seniors Wellness by building strong relationships with key stakeholders including contacts at every Host site/Community, residents and among all participants
- The Physiotherapist will travel to specified retirement homes and will render physiotherapy services.
- The Physiotherapist will determine the schedule of work based on the number of referrals available and the number of physiotherapy treatments rendered and the need for quarterly re-assessments.
- Physiotherapists must adhere to professional Rules of Conduct as set out by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. According to the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, Physiotherapists have the right to:
- Delegate portions of the treatment program to their patient, their family, or PTA
- Reassess and alter treatment when necessary;
- Determine the frequency of treatment
- Refuse to administer any procedure which, in the ’s judgment may be harmful or unwarranted;
- Discontinue treatment when appropriate
You will need to be:
- A graduate of a recognized university Physiotherapy degree program
- Registered with the Provincial College of Physiotherapists
- Preferably experienced within Retirement Home or another seniors' care setting
- A valid Vulnerable Sector screening check
Apply today! Visit https://www.lifemarkseniorswellness.ca for more information