|Job Title:||Physiotherapist (PT) 1 - Arthritis Program|
|Work Site:||Mary Pack Arthritis Centre - Victoria, BC|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time until approx. November 2020|
|Start Date:||June 10, 2019|
|Salary:||$33.83 - $42.19 per hour|
|Hours:||Monday-Friday 08:30 -16:30|
The Patient Population
As a Physiotherapist at Mary Pack Arthritis you will:
- Work in an outpatient setting
- See patients with arthritis (osteo arthritis, inflammatory arthritis)
- Work in a dynamic environment with the opportunity to work within a multidisciplimary team to provide holistic care to patients living with arthritis
The Nature of your Work
You will provide physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes by:
- Performing musculoskeletal assessment and treatment;
- Teaching and leading group exercise classes, including pool therapy;
- Teaching education classes related to the management of arthritis
- Providing gait re-education with the application of gait aids
- Preparing discharge plans
- Referring clients to other appropriate program
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience in a musculoskeletal area of practice with a chronic osteoarthritis client population supplemented with related experience in health promotion or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy standardized tests and measures, including vocational assessment/educational.
- Demonstrated understanding and skill in applying the principles of chronic disease management/health promotion, community development, and population health including planning collaborative initiatives and providing community and staff education.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and build alliances and influence a broad range of stakeholders including community members, physicians, health professionals and interdisciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to work independently to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships within a multi-disciplinary and matrix service delivery model.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, mediate, build consensus, and utilize effective conflict resolution techniques and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and operate under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative and professional judgment.
- Demonstrated computer literacy in current computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, SharePoint sites, Electronic
- Medical Record (EMR) and computerized patient care information systems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Please note that this role is located in Victoria, BC
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.