|Job Title:||Physiotherapist (PT) 1 - Medical/Surgical|
|Work Site:||Transitional Care Unit, UBC Hospital|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until approx. October 1, 2019|
|Salary:||$33.83 - $42.19 per hour|
|Hours:||08:30-16:30 with Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays off|
The Patient Population
As a Physiotherapist in the Complex Activation Med Unit, you will support complex patients from a wide spectrum of patient populations, including:
- and/or surgical
who require further activation and focussed discharge planning to enable them to achieve their goal of going home
The Nature of your Work
The nature of your support/assistance/treatment to your clients could include:
- Providing exercise and strength prescription as well as gait re-education;
- Discharge Planning;
- Working with clients to maximizing their physical function, balance, transfers and wheelchair skills
- Gait re-education with the application of gait aids
- Management of the frail elderly patient
- Set up short-term activation programs which may involve rehabilitation assistants
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardised tests and measures.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated skill in Physiotherapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.