|Job Title:||Physiotherapist (PT) 1 - Long Term Care|
|Work Site:||Banfield Pavilions|
|Status:||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$33.83 - $42.19 per hour|
|Hours:||Monday to Friday 0800-1600, with Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays as days off|
About Banfield Pavilions
Situated close the Vancouver General Hospital, Banfield Pavilion is a a 156 bed residential care facility for adults ages 19 and up with complex health care needs who require 24-hour care.
The Patient Populations
At Banfield Pavilions, you will support diverse patients which include patients with complex health care needs requiring 24-hour professional care due to physical disability or mental or behavioural conditions, including brain injuries or dementia. Multiple programs are provided including bus outings, gardening, cooking, computer training, carpet bowling, exercise groups, pub afternoons.
Banfield has numerous volunteers who visit residents and assist with programs
The Nature of your Work
You will provide physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes by:
- Performing assessments on client’s physical status, functional abilities and needs and goals;
- Establishing a physiotherapy diagnosis and prognosis, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the intervention, and communicating with the client/family and health care team members;
- The nature of your support/assistance/education to your clients at Banfield Pavilions could include:
- strengthening, and gait re-education;
- discharge planning in coordination with the client, family and team; and,
- gait aid prescription
- Contributing to the organization and delivery of physiotherapy services, and participating in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education.
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligibility for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardised tests and measures.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated skill in Physiotherapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. The Internal competition closes April 12, 2019. External applicants will be considered after internals.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.