|Job Title:||Physiotherapist (PT) 2 - Personalized Support and Stabilization (PSS)|
|Work Site:||Personalized Support and Stabilization (PSS) - Richmond Continuing Health Services|
|Status:||Regular Part Time (0.80 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$35.05 - $43.73 per hour|
|Hours:||08:30-16:30 with Friday, Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays off|
The Patient Population
As a Physiotherapist on the PSS interdisciplinary team, you will support patients/clients and their families/carers transitioning from acute to community through the provision of time limited, intensive wrap-around care that increases self-reliance and functionality and enables patients to safely live independently in their home and community.
The Nature of Your Work
- You will provide community-based physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes by:
- performing assessments
- establishing client-centered treatment plan, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the plan at regular intervals
- You will provide direction to rehabilitation assistants, other support personnel and support your team in the reablement approach.
- The goal is to promote client self-management in order to maintain/improve client’s physical performance, function and participation in daily activities so clients can remain in their chosen homes as long as possible.
- You will partner with clients/caregivers and a diverse interdisciplinary team, as well as other VCH teams and external care providers in the course of your work.
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Degree in physiotherapy or rehabilitation medicine.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- As required, valid BC Driver’s License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated program/area.
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to physiotherapy treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.