|Job Title:||Physiotherapist (PT) 2 - Sunshine Coast|
|Work Site:||Sunshine Coast Home Care Services|
|Status:||Temporary Part Time (0.6 FTE) - indefinite|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$35.05 - $43.73 per hour|
|Hours:||0800 - 1542, with Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Statutory Holidays as days off|
Works within a client and family model of care with a variety of acute episodic and chronic disease adult populations and within the context of the vision and values of the organization. The Physiotherapist practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) and standards of professional practice.
The Physiotherapist works in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning physiotherapy and other services for the client in an interprofessional team model in partnership with the client, family, primary care provider, and other care providers. Assesses service eligibility, facilitates the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan, delivers direct care, and provides care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community setting. The Physiotherapist works in consultation with other system partners and incorporates current evidence into practice.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Two years’ recent, related experience in home & community care.
- Valid BC Driver’s License & access to a personal vehicle required for local travel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area.
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for physical therapists.
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for physical therapy treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. The Internal competition closes April 19, 2019. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.