Job DescriptionJob Title: Physiotherapist (PT) 2 - Transition Practice Support at Purdy Pavilion (UBC)
Purdy Pavilions (UBC)Status: Regular Full Time Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.05 - $43.73 per hourHours: 0800-1600, with Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays as days offReference#: 114874-cye
JOB SUMMARY:Within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and the vision and values of the organization, Provides physical therapy assessments and treatments using current theory and evidence based practice. Works in a team based environment and is required to utilize theory and knowledge of content area as well as teaching and learning principles and processes to develop, evaluate and participate in program development focussing on education services and research activities. Consults, confers, and collaborates with program and team members as well as Practice Coordinators and the Practice Leader in promotion of continuous quality improvement, implementation of interdisciplinary research, and in coordinating activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs. Additionally facilitates staffing and scheduling activities for a designated client care area.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Physical Therapy or Rehabilitation Sciences, three years’ recent, related experience relevant to the designated clinical area, including one year's related mentoring, preceptoring, coaching and /or group facilitation experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC). Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physical Therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical practice related to treatment and care of the designated patient population.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, resource, motivator and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate techniques and facilitate learning.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in approach to teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and patients and their families, either one-on-one and in-groups.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in techniques appropriate to designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.