Lifemark Seniors Wellness is one of the largest rehabilitation focused companies dedicated to providing therapy solutions for seniors. With over 30 years of experience, we are a preferred partner of more than 185 LTC homes, 55 retirement communities and provide over 180 senior dwellings with physiotherapy, occupational therapy and therapeutic group exercise programming. As Canada's largest physiotherapy company, our purpose is: Movement to a better life. For our staff, the Lifemark difference is based on 4 pillars: We foster innovative thinking; assist with career development; we support personal health and wellness; and devoted to making a real impact in the communities that we live and work in.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapy Assistant to join our growing team!
Location: Wikwemikong, ON
Start date: Immediate
Schedule: This position is for casual coverage at a Long Term Care home.
Status: Casual, on-call
In this role you will:
- Implement exercise and education programs for seniors that focus on increasing mobility, pain relief, building strength, and improving balance
- Provide a consistent approach to prevent falls, reduce injuries, improve awareness of safety within the participant’s daily activities, develop understanding of risks, falls prevention strategies, post-fall injuries, as well as increase participants’ independence, cognition, mobility and quality of life
- Prepare and maintain progress reports and basic metrics on participants and produces data as requested
- Be responsible for classroom setup and ensuring participants are able to enter program site
- Attentively monitor residents while utilizing exercise equipment; promote and demonstrate safe use of all equipment as well as proper infection control practices for equipment
- Support and participate in the development and implementation of programs and objectives
- Accurately data collect data for reporting
- Participate in the ongoing education of residents within the scope of the programs
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certification, Level-C
- Proof of Tuberculin (2-Step Mantoux Test) clearance
- Any Health or Science Degree/Diploma. PTA Diploma preferred.
- Previous experience within an LTC setting is preferred
- A valid Vulnerable Sector screening check (within 6 months)
Apply today! To learn more please visit us at https://www.lifemarkseniorswellness.ca