Reporting to the Brach Manager, this Permanent Full-Time Pilot Driver position is responsible for supporting truck drivers by leading/ following over dimensional loads, knowledge of routes the trucks will take, and following company safety policies and other tasks as required. The successful candidate must have previous experience in the transportation industry.
This position is a safety sensitive position, and as such requires a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Use safe and proper loading and unloading procedures.
- Drive pilot truck to lead and follow over-dimensional loads.
- Follow company and clients safety regulations.
- Keep truck clean and organized
- Report equipment safety deficiencies immediately.
- Maintain and use appropriate PPE.
- Perform other duties as required.
Valid Class 5 driver's license;
Traffic control certificate;
Level One First Aid would be an asset;
Minimum one year experience in trucking industry;
Experience in heavy hauling would be considered an asset; and
Completion of our pre-employment process.
No telephone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Horizon North provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. We thank every applicant for their interest.