Employee Type:Regular-Full time
Union/Non:This is a non-union position
WE= unlimited potential
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, consideration will be given to applicants in order of application date.
The primary focus of this position is to perform all duties and responsibilities in the capacity of Pilot-in-Command (PIC) on Enbridge’s helicopter patrol aircraft, ensuring that the helicopter(s) owned and/or operated by Enbridge are flown and operated to the highest standard of safety possible, in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
SA=SAFETY, O=OPERATIONS, C=COMMUNICATIONS, A=ADMINISTRATIVE, T=TRAINING, S=SCHEDULING
- (SA) Participate in and comply with all current Company Safety Management System practices in order to maintain the highest degree of safety for all Enbridge employees and assets affected.
- (SA) Required to ensure that all passengers flying on Company rotary wing aircraft have a safety briefing entailing pertinent safety items, equipment and policies with regards to being a passenger onboard Company aircraft.
- (SA/A) Liaise with government, third party organizations and peers in order to ensure compliance with safety and regulatory issues.
- (SA/O/A) Be familiar with and ensure that the Company helicopter aircraft are operated in compliance with all regulations as required for flights conducted. This may include but is not limited to Transport Canada, FAA, CBAA and all Canadian and U.S. Customs policies and procedures for which trips are to be conducted.
- (SA/O/C/A/S/T) Assist the Chief Rotary Pilot as duties are delegated.
- (O) Act as helicopter pilot-in-command (PIC) and, as such, be ultimately responsible for the operation of Enbridge’s rotary wing type aircraft.
- (O) Responsible for the operation and safety of the aircraft and all persons on board.
- (O) Will have the final authority for the disposition of the aircraft while in command.
- (O) Regardless of schedules, plans or apparent urgency, the operation of the aircraft with which the PIC is entrusted will not commence flight until the PIC is satisfied that the entire flight can be conducted safely and legally with regards to mechanical condition of the aircraft, weight & balance, enroute weather conditions, fuel requirements, and the safety of its passengers throughout the duration of the flight.
- (O) Assist Enbridge Pipeline Operations with regards to aerial pipeline surveillance. This may include but is not limited to aerial pipeline patrols, pipeline maintenance activities such as line fills, construction activity, new pipeline development, the transportation of Company personnel to work locations as required, and any other related flying requested by Enbridge Pipelines Inc. in support of operations.
- (O) Be thoroughly familiar with the duties of Rotary Wing PIC as outlined in the Company Rotary Wing Flight Operations Manual.
- (O) Will have the authority for the delegation of duties and responsibilities to other crew members as applicable, in accordance with procedures outlined in the Enbridge Rotary Wing Flight Operations Manual.
- (O) Participate in matters pertaining to maintenance as they affect the Rotary Wing Company Operations Manual and Helicopter Minimum Equipment List (MEL).
- (O) Be willing to act in the capacity of Rotary Wing Training Pilot, Safety Officer, or person responsible for overseeing specific rotary wing helicopter operations as directed by the Chief Rotary Pilot.
- (C) Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Company personnel in order to meet departmental and personal objectives effectively and efficiently.
- (C) Communicate with Enbridge Rotary Wing Maintenance staff at all times with regards to the status of the helicopter’s airworthiness to which the PIC is entrusted. This will include the helicopter’s maintenance condition and any abnormalities, snags or observations. Additionally, this will involve working with Maintenance personnel in the coordination of anticipated flying schedules and helicopter maintenance events/work required.
- (C) Communicate with Company personnel (Sarnia Operations, Sarnia Maintenance, Calgary Flight Operations Coordinator (FOC), and Manager Aviation Calgary), as required.
- (C) Liaise with Company personnel and contractors as required in the coordination of flights.
- (A) Complete all pipeline patrol surveillance documents and record-keeping in a timely fashion, as dictated by the Chief Rotary Pilot and the Company Rotary Wing Operations Manual.
- (A) Complete assigned administrative duties such as dispatch, record-keeping, revisions, aircraft data base updating, manual development, updating Company programs or directives, commissary purchasing, phone or email responses, etc.
- (A) Participate in the development of Enbridge Aviation policies and procedures such as safety guidelines, operations, and security and response plans.
- (T) Participate in all training and recurrent training as specified in the Company Flight Operations Manual.
- (T/A) Maintain pilot training records as found in the Enbridge Personal Pilot Training binders and Flight Pak.
- (T) Participate in personal development training opportunities as required by regulation and the Company to enhance job performance skills.
- (T) Mentoring and monitoring of junior pilots or contract pilots when required.
- Able to work in Canada as per Federal, Provincial and Company labour requirements and regulations.
- No previous personal or work history that would preclude transborder operations.
- Valid Canadian passport.
- Valid Transport Canada Commercial Rotary Wing Pilot’s License.
- Must maintain a valid Canadian Class-1 Medical.
- Must hold or be able to obtain an AirBus H-120 and H-125 type training.
- A minimum of five-year rotary wing experience preferred.
- Able to obtain a United States L-1 Work Visa.
- Be of the understanding that U.S. tax filing will be required. (This is handled in conjunction with Enbridge Human Resources).
- Approximately 3,000 hours total time rotary wing experience.
- Corporate rotary wing experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work positively with others in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Detail orientated with a focus on accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively with computer applications and programs, including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Employee that is ENGAGED, ENERGETIC and a SELF-STARTER who wants to be a contributing member of a dynamic and dedicated corporate flight department.
- Ability and willingness to assume responsibility and work unsupervised as job requirements dictate.
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.