A division of Irving Consumer Products, Irving Tissue is a manufacturer of quality household paper products. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands. Based in Dieppe, NB, we are part of J.D. Irving, Limited.
Irving Tissue is sourcing candidates for a Plant Accountant. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the Finance Manager in statement preparation and interpretation, budgeting preparation and presentation. Key responsibilities also include:
- Preparation and analysis of weekly manufacturing financial statements
- Product costing and ensuring standard cost accuracy in financial software
- Assist in preparation of monthly and year end manufacturing financial statements
- Assist in preparation of annual budget
- Reconciliation of site GL accounts
- Maintenance of fixed assets in system
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Post- secondary education in accounting and have achieved or working towards a CPA designation;
- Minimum of three (3) years equivalent work experience; preferably in cost accounting
- Ability to adapt to a high paced, dynamic working environment;
- Ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- Ability to work well independently and with the team;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate data effectively and accurately
- Working knowledge of Cognos 8, Cognos Finance, JD Edwards and experience in a manufacturing environment an asset.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Consumer Products Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.