Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
Responsibilities of the Plant CP (Cement Professional) Maintenance E.I.T. include:
- Tracks chronic maintenance problems using Pareto, MTBF, NAI, and other KPIs.
- Investigates chronic problems and provides engineering solutions to support the plant in daily activities and short term projects.
- Participates and initiates RCFAs as per LH guidelines.
- Conduct Maintenance Improvement Projects based on plant priorities.
- Supports CIF implementation and improvement within the Maintenance department
- Conducts some field level inspections as directed by the Supervisor.
- Helps with jobs supervision as directed by Supervisor.
- Participates on the on call system
- Must be proactive to safety standards.
- Acts as a liaison between Preventive Maintenance, Execution, Production and Process departments, ensuring integrity of the maintenance system
- Assists the Maintenance Manager with the preparation of maintenance budgets ensuring technical justification of maintenance operations
- Performs monthly gap analysis of maintenance budget and performance indicators
- Assists the OEE committees, and as such analyses and proposes solutions on recurring problems of equipment reliability or problems concerning safety and work conditions
- Bachelors of Science Degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years work experience in a continuous manufacturing facility
- Ability to take initiative based on sound problem solving skills
- Ability to lead with influence, remain flexible and deal with human and technically adverse situations.
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around its operations. The company has a sixty year history in Canada and works continually to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, restore wetlands for native plants and animals, and identify waste materials that can be recycled and used in our operations.