Have you ever wanted to work for one of Canada's top 50 best managed companies?
Techo-Bloc is growing again and building a new plant near you!
Techo-Bloc is a successful,entrepreneurial, growth-oriented, and fast-paced company. Techo-Bloc inspires artscapes across North America with innovative design and an exceptional dedication to quality. We lead the hardscape industryin style with substance making R&D both a core competency and a passionate pursuit. To that end, we build teams in our production facilities of the highest caliber and equip them with the latest technology to deliver superior products. We ensure the landscape and masonry products we design, and produce are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful.Using the 5S and Kanbanphilosophies, we are dedicated to a manufacturingcollaboration thatsupports running a whole-minded production system, and an excellent way to promote improvement.
With 8 manufacturing facilities, 30 international patents and over 650 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. Through exceptional product quality, innovation and a thorough understanding of our clients businesses, we have developed a true passion for helping our partners succeed. As we continue to expand, our team members are offered opportunities to professionally develop, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
If you want to work for a company that listens and is dedicated to your progress this may be your next career move!
Under the supervision of thePlant Manager, this position supports the Block/Paver Plant maintenance teams and all areas of the maintenance department. This position builds programs for preventive, proactive, andpredictive maintenance. Your contribution maximizes the longevity of the machinery and equipment'sexcellent performance. This position leads and collaborates with a team of 2-3 mechanical, 1 electrician, and 1 mold technicians (mechanical welder and mechanic), while collaborating with the plant operations team to proactively address and respond to any issues that impact machine uptime/downtime.
This position requires a high level of teamwork, problem solving skills and mechanical troubleshooting abilities. The right candidate for this role has a highdegree of logic and outside the box thinking.Experience in trades such as electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, automation, and mechanics is necessary. The Plant Maintenance Manager will organize, oversee and delegate to a team of technicians actively involved in various technical specialties as it relates to the plant. The job entails coaching, training, instructing and offering guidance while also being actively involved in one or more of the maintenance activities.
Plant Maintenance Manager Responsibilities:
Advanced knowledge of the proper use of:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the safety /CCHST requirements for performing maintenance on equipment and tools
- Manage projects for new equipment installations and equipment rebuilds
- Electrical experience in PLCs and plant automation
- Demonstrated ability to rebuild cylinders and hydraulic valves
- Demonstrated ability to layout, read and fabricate to construction drawings
- Lead troubleshooting team through planning, and execution in both mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- Able to operate startups and shutdowns of critical plant machinery
- Proficient in all types of troubleshooting and repair
- Demonstrated ability to read and troubleshoot wiring schematics and make wiring repairs
- Demonstrated ability to wire and phase for direction single and three phase motors, starters and relays
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant equipment, spare parts, location, and names
- Demonstrated ability to read and troubleshoot simple pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
- Strength in root cause analysis and project planning
- Proven ability to mentor and train others in both mechanical and electrical aspects
- Proven ability to direct, schedule, and delegate tasks to direct reports
- Ability to plan, oversee, and working with outside contractors, and vendors.
- Keep detailed maintenance records on all equipment and tasks performed on the equipment by maintenance team
- Manage plant maintenance costs, plant process reliability, and subcontractors onsite at plant location
- Perform annual performance reviews on all direct reports
- Recruit, interview and hire new maintenance staff as required
- Attend safety meetings, abide by and enforce all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensuring that hazardous conditions are promptly reported and corrected
Plant Maintenance Manager Requirements:
- High school education or equivalent. Technical training in related field preferred but not required.
- Five years experience as a maintenance supervisor or similar role.
- Three years welding and mechanical machinery maintenance experience required
- Advanced Working knowledge of industrial electricity required
- Prior PLC experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires ability to assist with calculations, projections and applications for fabrication and layout
- Ability to operate forklift, man lift, scissor lift, drill press, welders, angle grinders, digital volt meters and any other equipment required to perform duties
- Experience in concrete manufacturing equipment: Hess, Omag, Columbia, Rekers and Besser.
- Dry line, wet line
- Concrete presses
- Dry mix batching
- Software Siemens S7
- Profibus communication protocol
- Asi bus Field bus for input/output in the field
- A competitive salary with wage progression;
- Thisrole is designed as a Monday to Friday fulltime position,; however, the right candidate has the willingness towork flexible manufacturing schedules including nights, weekends, etc. when needs demand.
- Full Benefit package
- Technological tools and a safe workplace
- Learning and development opportunities
- Work for 2020 Best Managed Company award recipient
- Work to keep us the #1 best innovative landscaping products manufacturer
- Positive work environment with great team atmosphere
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.