The primary role of the Plant Manager is to oversee all aspects of overall manufacturing operations in the Vitalus plant facilities including production planning and processes, maintenance, warehouse, product quality and continuous improvement, safety, procurement, and plant administration. The primary objective of this position is to maximize the level of operational and quality performance in a manner that delivers on measures and goals and maximizes the level of financial performance of our plants. In partnership with the operations management team, the Plant Manager provides leadership to all employees within the plant facilities in a manner that drives productivity, creates engagement and maintains a safe work environment.
Working collaboratively with the Vice-President, Operations and the Operations management team, this role includes active participation in annual business planning, organizational projects and key initiatives, cross company interactions, and developing positive relations with partner organizations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Business Planning
- Plant Operations
- Production Planning
- Product Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Safe Work Environment
- Leadership & Human Resources
- 5+ years of progressive production experience in manufacturing, preferably within a dairy food-manufacturing environment. Minimum three years in management at a plant facility including cross-functional management responsibilities.
- Relevant degree/diploma. I.E. Undergraduate degree in Science, Business or Engineering (Food, Manufacturing or Process).
- Understanding of how production planning contributes to company profitability.
- Strong people orientation balanced with an understanding of business needs.
- Experience working under a HACCP/ISO system and maintaining this system.
- Knowledge & application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems as well as Microsoft Office products including proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Navision knowledge a plus.
- Capability to work with internal departments, external partners, and diverse personalities in a manner that promotes positive relationships. Experience working within a culturally diverse work environment a plus.
- Builds a high-performance culture with a strong people orientation. Work environment, policies and practices reflect this orientation.