Eaton Corporation has an opening inthe Electrical Sector for a Plant Manager, located in our Edmonton Alberta, Canadafacility.
Reporting to the DirectorOperations, the Edmonton Power Center Plant Manager is responsible for managingand directing the Low and Medium Voltage Control Assembly operations to assureattainment of strategic, commercial, operational, financial, quality, and employee-relatedobjectives. Incumbent ensures all Eaton policies and practices are enforced.This includes developing and implementing strategic plans to ensure the plantmeets commercial and production goals at optimal costs with strong adherencemeeting all Eaton Health, Environmental and Safety policies and practices.
- Lead and motivate a cross-functional team to achieve market and profitable growth in the design, manufacture of Low and Medium Voltage Switchboards and related equipment in an Engineered to order (ETO) environment.
- Direct and establish objectives for site activities which include margin attainment, capacity and manpower planning, on-time performance, cycle time, and various other commercial and operational metrics for current and forecasted business needs.
- Engage and provide direction to Sales, Marketing and Quoting teams to assure Eaton Market share in above mentioned products are maintained and exceeded.
- Coordinate with US Manufacturing plants that produce assemblies for the Canadian market to assure they maintain on time performance.
- Provide strong leadership in support of Eaton Business Systems and other operational excellence improvement efforts.
- Develop and execute strategic capital spending plans to assure adequate capacity to meet division and product line growth objectives.
- Ensure all orders are accurate and compliant with customer specifications and all discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner and shipped on time.
- Implement Lean manufacturing at a departmental and manufacturing level using lean Six Sigma tools and CI/CIF frameworks
- Knowledge of Quotation Systems, Order Management, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and ERP software such as Oracle, SAP and COGNOS preferred.
- Proficient in the application, operation and support of engineering and maintenance of electrical distribution power systems and power quality systems of all voltage classes.
- Working knowledge of all major manufacturers (Eaton, Schneider, ABB, GE & Siemens) electrical products and their applications preferred
- Demonstrated ability to relate to senior executives and industry peers.
- Able to travel across Canada and to the United States up to 15%.
- Directly interact with customer queries and calls when needed
- Minimum of 10years of experience to include operations, materials sales and /or projectmanagement.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This position is located in our Edmonton Alberta, Canada facility.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Primary Location: Canada-AB-Edmonton
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time