Who we are:
As a global leader in resource management, SUEZ is paving the way for a more sustainable future. SUEZ North America operates in the U.S. across all 50 states, and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability, smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides water and waste recycling services to over 7.5 million people across the United States and Canada. SUEZ North America is a subsidiary of SUEZ Group based in Paris, France.
SUEZ provides operation and Maintenance of the Swan Hills Treatment Centre (SHTC). This fully integrated facility is the only one of its kind in Canada and one of the few in the world. The Centre treats all types of hazardous waste generated in North America (excluding explosive and radioactive items).
Our Plant Manager position:
The Plant Manager of the Swan Hills Treatment Centre (SHTC) oversees and directs overall Contract Operations (all aspects) of the fully integrated hazardous waste treatment facility including Operations, Maintenance, Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental, Technical Services, Laboratory, Procurement, Finance, Training and Human Resources.
She/he provides leadership, support and synergized management of the Plant Management team so that safe and cost effective operation of the SHTC is achieved and appropriate strategic decisions can be made consistent with the mandate of the facility to effectively and efficiently process hazardous wastes. While adhering to the Company’s Core Values and being vigilant of the objective to be 100% compliant with all regulatory requirements, achieves Company and Client business targets and objectives. She/he oversees and manages a positive and collaborative working relationship with the Client, Alberta Infrastructure.
This position operates within a COR and ISO 17025 certified, and ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 conforming plant environment and is expected to comply with all regulatory requirements. The facility operates on a 24/7 basis.
Top skills needed:
- Sound business acumen and ability to manage all facets of the Plant
- Strong customer service attitude and commitment to providing exceptional customer service and quality results
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills to facilitate working effectively within all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership and communication skills to facilitate and promote open discussions and pro-active management on a daily basis
- Excellent negotiation, persuasion skills
- Effective decision-making and organizing skills
- Attentiveness to details and ability to manage a diverse workload within a fast-paced environment with changing multiple priorities and frequent interruptions
- Proven organizational and creative-problem solving skills
Formal Education Required:
- Degree in Engineering, Industrial Operations or related field
- Technical school or College Diploma in related field and/or Advanced Power Engineering Certification will also be considered in combination with demonstrated experience, aptitude, and specific skills training
- Business Management degree or training
Applicable Experience Required:
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience in an industrial process plant environment is essential
- Proven leadership skills combined with a minimum of 6 years in a Management role is a must
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours as the facility is operational 24/7.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to comply with all regulatory requirements and Company Privacy and Confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Ability to complete all conditions of employment including negative alcohol and drug test, current and clean Class 5 driver’s license, pre-employment medical, and background check.
SUEZ Canada Waste Services offers a great work environment, professional development and stable employment.
SUEZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer: employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.