ACMLâ€™s Maintenance team is growing! Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career with Canadaâ€™s leading provider of customized operations and solutions? If you are a devoted and career-minded professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, dedicated team, we want to hear from you!
WHO ARE WE?
With over 50 years of experience throughout North America, Angus Consulting Management Limited (â€œACMLâ€) is one of Canadaâ€™s most trusted facility operations management companies. We have extensive knowledge managing critical environments including data centers, healthcare facilities, commercial facilities, central utility plants and Public Private Partnership projects.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
ACML is actively seeking a Plumber located in Richmond, B.C. whose main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform repairs such as replace toilets, urinals, flush-o-meters, faucets, drinking fountains, etc.; clear/snake sinks, toilets and drains; re-pack valves, replace mixing valves; repair and/or replace piping as required; water feature maintenance;
- Responds to escalations related to unsafe conditions, hazards and emergencies related to plumbing maintenance;
- Responds to client and tenant requests in keeping with Project Agreement ensuring a high level of satisfaction; takes appropriate corrective measures;
- Completes preventative and demand maintenance tasks; upon completion enters information onto data sheets;
- Monitors physical operation of plumbing systems/equipment, ensuring equipment and systems are operating properly;
- Monitor work of contractors/external service providers to ensure adherence to company/industry standards;
- Escalate unusual events/occurrences to supervisor;
- Provide feedback on proposed renovations re: impact on existing infrastructure systems if required;
- Monitor, adjust and repair infrastructure systems;
- Identify problem areas; conduct investigation; analyze and make recommendations that may include innovative solutions;
- Provide input to operational decisions by identifying tenant/client/facility needs.
- Track and manage plumbing inventory;
- Assists other general maintainers and supervisors with maintenance of equipment such as flooring, electrical, filter changes, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Minimum 5 years Journeyman / Service/ Maintenance experience with working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of facilities;
- Trades qualification (i.e., Journeyman Red Seal certificate);
- BC or interprovincial trade certification in Plumbing;
- Knowledge/understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other applicable standards/regulations pertaining to facilities maintenance and operations;
- Demonstrated capabilities re. accountability, judgement, delegating, decision-making, problem solving, team engagement, team building;
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple projects, tight deadlines and changing priorities;
- Proven ability to effectively interact with clients, tenants, management and staff; foster/develop/maintain relationships;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance and construction tasks, such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical and general finishing is required;
- Position requires a valid driverâ€™s license in good standing;
- Position requires physical ability to lift, carry and repetitive physical effort throughout the day;
- Elevated working conditions may require use of a ladder or scissor lift (training will be provided);
- Strong knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and using a smart phone;
- Ability to obtain (within 6 months) Transport Canada Security Clearance - Restricted Access Identity Card;
- Position requires employee to obtain an AVOP â€“ Airside Vehicle Operators Permit within 6 months. Training package will be provided;
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
We work hard to find the right people and provide opportunities for them to flourish.
We offer a collaborative environment with experienced leaders and room to grow. We are a company that values integrity, continuous improvement and operations excellence. A full list of the benefits and perks that we offer is available on our website https://acml.ca/careers/.
If youâ€™re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you! We welcome and encourage all qualified candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We are an accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
ACML is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, ACML will accommodate applicants with disabilities.
For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy
Powered by JazzHR