ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are a well-established construction and masonry company serving the GTA area. ValMar Construction Inc. is the go-to company for all construction needs. More than 20 years in the industry made ValMar Construction grow into the company with a strong basis and clear goals. With hundreds of finished projects, we make high quality our main priority in every single project. We specialize in brickwork, blockwork, complete renovations, and rebuilds.
At this time, we are looking for an experienced Plumber, who is hard-working and trustworthy to join our crew. Also, the chosen applicant should be ready to travel across the GTA, since all the work is performed on customers’ property.
- Read and understand blueprints, grade plans, drawings and building specifications to map the layout of piping networks, drainage, wastewater, and other plumbing systems;
- Perform installation, maintenance, alteration, and repair of pipes, plumbing fixtures, and systems;
- Determine requirements for materials and supplies for the project;
- Assemble prefabricated fittings and valves for subsequent installation;
- Operate hand and power tools to join pipes;
- Install supports and cut openings in walls and floors, to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings;
- Perform testing of plumbing systems to identify leaks and replace defective parts.
- Secondary school diploma or higher;
- At least two years of experience;
- Must have a valid plumbing license for employment in Ontario;
- Team player, client focused and adaptable to a variety of projects and environments;
- Ability to handle heavy loads, as work is physically demanding;
- Candidate should be prepared to travel to sites across the GTA;
- Knowledge of English is required.
COMPENSATION AND CONDITIONS:
- Permanent, full-time, non-seasonal position;
- $28.50 per hour, minimum 35 hours per week;
- Occasional overtime may be required, to achieve deadlines, with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you comply with all the requirements, please apply with your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include references and be specific about your previous experiences.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all submissions from all applicants. However, please note that only those qualified will be invited for an interview.
Please visit our website at http://www.valmarconstruction.ca/ to know more about our company.