COVID Support Positions- Porter – Medical Imaging
3-Month Temporary Part-Time Opportunities Available
Grand River Hospital is seeking Medical Imaging Porters who are interested and available to assist with staffing in the hospital during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
If you are interested, please apply to this posting.
POSITION: 3-Month Unscheduled Part Time Medical Imaging Porter
HOURS OF WORK: Weekdays, weekends, off shift, stats
Provide transportation of patients from all units within the hospital to and from the Medical Imaging department. Includes walking, wheelchair and a high volume of stretcher transports and transfers. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Grade 12 education
• Previous experience in transferring patients required
• Heavy and continuous lifting is required
• Continuous walking
• Good attendance record
• Must be able to prioritize and execute duties as a team member in a high paced environment with limited supervision
• Demonstrate efficiency in completing tasks/job while ensuring patient safely
• Effective communication skills with patient/family, staff and co-workers are required
• Must be able to adapt to and learn process and procedure to perform duties (i.e. phone system, computer programs which track/log transfer jobs, etc.)