Job DescriptionJob Title: Portfolio Clerk - Staffing ServiceWork Site: North Shore Staffing Office, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Full Time - FloatStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $26.12 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 127136-cye
Come work as a Portfolio Clerk with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!As a Portfolio Clerk with VCH you will be responsible for:
- Performing staffing duties for a program including preparing and adjusting staff rotations and allocating and calling in relief nursing and non-nursing staff using an electronic system to fill vacancies, leaves of absence and sick leaves in accordance with applicable collective agreement
- Receiving and processing vacation and other staff requests from staff
- Responding to written and verbal enquiries from staff regarding vacation accumulations and related requests
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Grade 12 plus four year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with others effectively and collaboratively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related office equipment.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.