About the Company:
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. (“TAMI”) is a privately owned investment firm who actively owns and manages our multi-family residential buildings with experienced professionals. Our roots started in 1999 with our founding partners managing the day-to-day operations of the buildings themselves. Since then Timbercreek has expanded across Canada. Today we are a $6 billion multi-faceted investment management company focused on both domestic and international real estate investment. Over the past few years TAMI has been ranked multiple times by PROFIT Magazine as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies.
Timbercreek Communities (“TCOM”), a division of TAMI, currently manages a quality portfolio of over 200 multi-family residential buildings totaling over 20,000 residential suites well located in thirty cities and six provinces across Canada, including throughout Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan.
We are the leading owner and operator of multi-family residential communities across Canada. Timbercreek takes pride in ownership and an active hands-on approach to how we manage our communities. We are committed to working together collaboratively with our team and community members to create better living experiences.
About the Position:
Doormen play a critical role in the successful operations of our apartment complexes and in the overall success of Timbercreek. This role is primarily responsible for maintaining the integrity of the facilities through various security procedures to ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service, and support is provided to Residents, thereby ensuring that Timbercreek is the preferred landlord of choice. This role is a full-time, live-out position.
- Provide excellent customer service, welcoming all visitors and residents
- Provide prompt and polite security, monitoring premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion
- Ensure security of doors, windows, garages, offices, apartments and all common areas
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, residents, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises
- Call police or fire departments in case of emergency such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Report to supervisor about issues, complaints, or observations regarding guests
- Circulate among visitors, residents and employees to preserve order and protect property
- Assist residents with tasks, carrying luggage, signing for and delivering of packages and mail
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed
- Prepare and send all work orders to maintenance manager
- Assign and monitor parking spots, lockers, and bike spots
- Assist in move-ins and move-outs
- Ensure general tidiness of lobby, lounge, corridors, main entrance, kitchen, laundry room, backroom, front of building and terrace
- Accept and collect rent payments
- Enter all work orders and closes them when completed thru the system
- Follow up on work orders to ensure proper work flow
Education & Experience:
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years of related experience in a customer service or related role
- Exposure to the multi-residential or other related industry asset class would be considered an asset
- Doorman experience preferred
- WHMIS certification would be an asset
- Experience with Fire Life Safety & Building Inspections would be an asset
- Knowledge of current legislation and rights concerning residents would be an asset
- Customer service experience
- A commitment to "Best in Class" Customer Service
- A professional demeanor with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated a high degree of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations
- Self-motivated individual with a “can-do” and “no task is too big or too small” attitude
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All selected candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment criminal & background checks. Any offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory results of all applicable checks. We thank all applicants for their submissions.