Inspiring, confident, and ambitious, Store Managers are the leaders of our stores. Your strategic thinking, passion for retail and home design, and your ability to connect with people will help you to excel in this role. As Store Manager, you will lead and empower associates in achieving sales goals and creating an exceptional store experience. You coach and mentor associates to develop their talents and thrive in change, think big and strive toward career advancement opportunities. An excellent communicator, you steer the company vision and share business goals with your team.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by overseeing all activities affecting the store personnel and operations, including sales, customer service, merchandising, display and design.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages growth for all associates.
- Delegate, supervise and manage leadership responsibilities in the store. Act as the lead merchant for the store, with assistance from the designer, assistant manager and floor managers.
- Manage and coach all associates on setting and maintaining sales and service goals and standards.
- Develop and execute the store vision and goals.
- Maintain, enforce and supervise merchandising standards with regard to selling, stocking, cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet communications, current advertising, promotions and catalogues, and communicate all pertinent information to store associates.
- Maximize effective sales floor coverage with regard to scheduling, budgeting and appropriate staffing.
- In coordination with the area manager, develop the store, sales and payroll budgets.
- Manage all aspects of bi-annual inventory and analyze results.
- Oversee store maintenance and associate training regarding cleanliness of facilities and work place safety.
- Promote and drive sales through effective associate training and development, customer service, inventory control and the management of design and displays.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of the store management team to encourage professional growth.
- Manage the recruitment/hiring, promotion, disciplinary and termination process for all store associates.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates in both written and verbal form.
- Conduct weekly meetings regarding customer issues, product trends, associate performance and other customer service issues with appropriate associates at store, area and corporate office locations.
- 2 plus years retail management experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word.Excel), Google platform
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Basic math
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.