Under general direction, the Software Developer is responsible to work effectively with peers and business counterparts to assess an assigned situation/project and lead efforts to define and document an appropriate solution. May work with an analyst, team or work autonomously to design and implement an appropriate solution. Responsible to follow departmental software engineering process, methodology and standards.
2 Analyze problem/project requirements and define and document appropriate solution
3. Estimate with high degree of accuracy the approximate effort and cost required to produce
appropriate solution for small to medium sized projects
4. Work with a team to understand solution scope and vision for assigned project
5. Work with a team to design and implement appropriate solution for assigned work
6. Communicate and collaborate with team when assigned to an activity/project affecting
other IT staff
7. Advise, persuade &/or negotiate on problems or situations of a simple to moderately
8. Manage multiple priorities and activities
9. Plan required efforts, monitor and report on progress, issues and risks to team and
10. Investigate defects, troubleshoot and propose appropriate solutions
11. Create and assess detailed design specifications
12. Transition the detail design into code and implement appropriate technical solution
13. Plan and perform appropriate tests to create a high quality solution
Typically 5+ years experience doing design and development work
Proficiency in English is required (written & spoken).
• Working knowledge of a Unix/Linux and Microsoft PowerBI or similar reporting tools
• Working knowledge of Source Management Tools and process
• Working knowledge of Software Engineering Process
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
Cliquez svp ici pour postuler en ligne.