Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated engineer to work with our embedded firmware team in the Data Center Solutions Business Unit at Microchip. Our focus is on technical excellence, teamwork, collaboration, and continuous improvements in an open and encouraging environment. If you have a strong technical background in embedded firmware development, embedded systems, and communications protocols, then this is the position for you!
You will join a team of professionals in designing, developing, verifying and releasing of best-in-class firmware to our modern System-on-Chip (SoC) PCI Express (PCIe) switching products running Threadx on MIPS processors. The code we develop, amongst other features, configures and monitors the Microchip switching devices which support the connection of multiple host CPU entities to multiple storage devices. The high performance devices execute quality firmware in secure fashion.
The firmware team, as part of Data Center Solutions BU function, closely collaborate with geographical chip design, validation, marketing and application engineering teams for successful product delivery. You will report to a Firmware Development Director and be responsible for designing, implementing, testing and delivering the firmware modules based on PCIe, NVMe and virtualization technology. Success at Microchip brings plenty of future embedded firmware development opportunities on various other firmware products in Data Center Solutions business unit.
• Analyze product high level architecture requirements and create specification of firmware modules
• Collaborate with cross-geography chip design, firmware development, validation and application engineering teams on pre-silicon firmware development and post-silicon debug/troubleshooting
• Design, develop, integrate, debug, and verify state of art quality firmware for embedded SoC systems
• Utilize protocol analyzers , oscilloscopes, probes, firmware built-in tools to troubleshoot difficult problems reported internally by test/development teams and by global customers
• Write comprehensive engineering design documentation and customer user guides
• Participate in specification, design and implementation review with architect and peers
• Execute and assist in the improvement of firmware development process
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 10 years industry experience in embedded firmware development and verification
• Master at least one RISC CPU architecture and assembly instruction set. MIPS is preferred
• Master at least one Run-Time Operation System including threads, scheduling, synchronization, memory management. Threadx is preferred
• Master peripheral driver development for I2C/SMBus, UART, SPI, LBI, SGPIO, Fan Control, flashes, Ethernet, and other common accessory protocols
• Strong C language programming and aptitude for debugging embedded system issues
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills
• Effective communicator of technical ideas, both verbal and written
• Self-motivated, team-oriented, ability and resourcefulness to achieve goals with minimal supervision
• Skills of electrical design knowledge, schematics drawing reading and oscilloscopes using skills
• Fluent speaking in Mandarin Chinese language
• Skills of high speed serial protocols such as PCIe, and/or SAS/SATA
• Skills of x86 OS driver and application development in Windows Operation System