We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
Key Objectives for Premium Banker:
The Premium Banker is responsible for developing and retaining relationships with existing customers. This will be achieved through the active management of portfolios and ensuring solutions continually meet customer’s needs as well as exceeding customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency and professionalism. The Premium Banker is also responsible for attracting new customers by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. This involves solicitation of client referrals and promotion of products and service offerings across multiple distribution channels. An integral part of this role is the identification of opportunities for wealth and credit reviews to optimize portfolio performance. The key to success is maintaining operational integrity in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards in compliance. The Premium Banker will also support teller transactions and handle cash, as required.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
The key success to this role is someone who has the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver in accordance to HSBC’s values.
The minimum requirements for this role is the following:
- University / College degree or combination of education and equivalent and related work experience.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a customer facing role in the banking industry.
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires completion of: Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course.
- Working towards Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP); For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance.
- Aware of market conditions affecting their customer portfolios.
- Career minded with well-developed business development and relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets in a sales role.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Understands / speaks second language is an asset.
- Strong technical skills in wealth management.
- Strong sales orientation, networking and portfolio management skills.
- Sound knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
In 2017, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for theseventh consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US%242,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.