As an award-winning business, The Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre is currently seeking a Prep Cook / Dishwasher to join our team.
What you can expect from us:
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative combined with a collaborative approach to deliver the finest mountain resort experience for our guests. We value innovation and development that contributes both to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work, and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in resort and the summer and winter activities the mountain has to offer.
With a 17-year-old history, the Sun Peaks Grand is the flagship hotel in Sun Peaks, offering an unparalleled guest experience, enhanced by a significant room renovation in 2018.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits enjoyed by our Full-Time employees.
- Full access Winter/Summer Season Lift, Trail and Golf passes
- Dining discounts within our Hotel outlets
- Free access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program provided through Homewood Health
- Reciprocal programs with partnering hotels
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Continued professional growth and development opportunities
The Prep Cook / Dishwasher supports the operations of the Culinary team through assisting ts in all aspects of kitchen operations including food preparation, health and safety, sanitation and food stock. The environment is bustling as there are three (3) large kitchens within the property that provide full food and beverage services to our local, hotel and business guests. This role provides every opportunity to begin developing a career in the art of culinary, opening up opportunities of advancement internally and externally throughout the Tourism / Hospitality industry.
- Responsible for washing all F&B service ware and keeping all food preparation and storage areas clean up to the Health Department Standards
- Responsible for the delivery of food supplies to kitchens
- Assists in the rotation of food supplies on delivery inclusive of dating products
- Responsible for cleaning and preparing food products
- Ensures highest standards of sanitation are met throughout the kitchen
- Previous culinary experience / education while an asset is not required
- Working towards a career in culinary or a Red Seal Certification
- Holds a Food Safe Level 1 Certification
- Works effectively within a team and recognize when to provide support to other kitchen team members
- Has basic understanding of kitchen operations
- Is self-disciplined with a sincere desire to provide an elevated guest experience
- Self-starts on tasks and can respond to varying business volumes as they relate to impacts on the kitchen
- Is physically capable of working in a fast-paced environment and safely lift heavy loads around 35kg.