At Whistler Cooks | Hunter Gather "We love feeding people!". It's the key ingredient to producing the perfect meal wherever, whenever. On any given day we could be serving with our CATERING team at a plated meal to a happy couple at their wedding reception, smoking up a feast at HUNTER GATHER or passing canapes and champagne to guests in a world class art gallery.
Join our team andLIVE | WORK | LEARNin Whistler.
Start Date: July 2020
Pay: $17 / hour plus tips
In this role:
You will work as a prep cook for Whistler Cooks | Hunter Gather.
You will be responsible for preparing and presenting foods using standardized recipes and portion sizes.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Abide by all health and sanitation rules and regulations as outlined in the training manual.
- Strive to uphold all hygiene and sanitary regulations and be clean and presentable at all times (i.e. report to duty punctually wearing a clean and correct uniform and safety shoes).
- Ensure a safe work environment for yourself and your co-workers by upholding the safety rules.
- Ensure that all equipment in the kitchen is clean and in good working condition before use.
- Read and follow daily prep lists/run sheets.
- Prepare catering orders.
- Ensure the quality of food is outstanding each and every time and that items are produced quickly and efficiently with pride and attention to detail.
- Control waste and spoilage.
- Assist all team members whenever needed.
- Assist the kitchen steward/dishwasher by cleaning kitchen equipment.
- Perform all opening and closing assignments as instructed.
- Focus on speed and efficiency.
You will need to:
- Have at least 1 year experience working in a professional kitchen.
- Have completed foodsafe level 1.
- Be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift.
- Be able to frequently lift and carry food, beverage and other items greater than 35 pounds, able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.